Saturday, March 20, 2010




After everybody was finally in bed tonight, I got busy doing what I had been waiting ALL day to do! I had seen these funky vines in the woods the other day so I stopped by there tonight with some clippers and got some to bring home. I had picked up some little daffodils and catnip earlier in the day so I was ready to roll. I had all of this stuff inside on the kitchen floor and it was a nice little mess! Ralph had already gone up but I think he would have had a thing or two to say about the vines, branches, dirt and outside stuff in the house. It's all cleaned up now and no one's the wiser. Hee hee, it's just our secret, ok? Most of you know that I have a branch hanging above the table from some thin cable. Many comments have been made about this branch and I just love the thing. It does get seasonally decorated occasionally but most of the time it is bare. One (obviously an artistic dunce) man was overheard saying 'what in the world does she have a branch hanging from the ceiling for?'
I wrapped the vine around the branch and then decided to hang little potting containers with some catnap in them from the ends. I'm not sure if it looks weird or cool? What's your take?

8 comments:

J K L M N O P said...

definitely cool!!

shirleyjean said...

Your are on a roll..Are your hormones working overtime. Are you getting ready for special guests? Table and chairs look great too. Did you get your couch yet? I'm getting the packing hebejeebees! See you soon. Like about Tuesday at 11:25!

Heidi said...

So that's what the branch is for! :) Very artistic, and looks like Springtime...

amydee said...

I'm all for "sprucing" up branches-ha! I love the viney thing you did by the front door. Greg would probably say he misses your ghost chairs.

the Nichols said...

Love it!

rach said...

heidi, you are so creative. i love it. szia rach

zstrktgram said...

best of show!!!!!
fun time when everyone is in bed -know the feeling.

Teri said...

Hi Heidi...I check in on your blog and brood now and then! Thanks for sharing! Is your Mom there? Say hi to her from me! love, cuz Teri