Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend in Leukerbad










Our weekend away felt like longer..it was great to see the kids when we got back but I promised myself that I would make a greater effort this year to just arrange child care, announce to my husband that he is being abducted, and take off. It is good for us to be together without being 'mom and dad' and the kids had fun at Nani's too. Liam was sick when we got back and his stomach is still not quite back to normal but he is eating and drinking again. It has been a busy morning; Hannes took off on the bus for a week of school ski camp and the plumber came by and turned off all of the water to the bathroom so we are ready to demolish. He talks very fast and I had to explain to him this morning that french is not my mother tongue and could he please slow down a little bit. So now he is talking louder and enunciating, that sure helps. No, it is not my hearing sir. We need to decide on a toilet, sink (s) faucets and tile. Marie Helen arrives from Germany tonight and she has no idea that I have all these plans for her....which mostly involve child care while I go out and look for the above mentioned items in peace.

1 comment:

Dim and Jana said...

Of course I read your blog, I just don't comment! ;) The break from kids sounds wonderful... Carsten only has a couple months left if that until I stop nursing him--somehow an older than 2 year old nursing is weird to me, not wrong, just weird. Thanks for the advice and for sharing your experience...