Monday, November 9, 2009

Raised Glazed anyone?









Since the nearest crispy creme is a few thousand miles away (I even love Roth's donuts, but don't tell my dad I said that) and the swiss are known for their yummy croissants but couldn't make a good donut to save their neutrality, we decided to make donuts. We had the help of a veteran donut maker and they turned out really yummy. We'll make a few slight changes to the recipe next time, but they were better than any I have tasted in a long time. Judy and Suzanne were here for a few days. I also decided to repaint in the living room and the kitchen to accomodate a recently acquired treasure and to display an older one. I was proud and excited to say that it cost me about a hundred bucks in paint and rollers and it made a great change in our room=cheap thrill, right?! That was until I pushed down on the paint bucket lid to close it while it was sitting on our stovetop and cracked the whole thing. Guess I don't know my own strength. Hey I wasn't Paul Bunyan in the 3rd grade school play for nuthin. Duh, so the 100 buck project just got another zero added to it and that stinks. But I'm still happy about the changes. And I can use two burners out of four on my stove.

5 comments:

Lenaya said...

Oh my- quite a tale! It seems like just yesterday that Judy was here for special meetings. How fun!

shirleyjean said...

I wish I could send you a picture of a Crispy Creme box. After I talked to you this am we went to Crispy Creme!
I don't think I'm going to do any painting tho! Ugh!
That's kind of, in a small measure, like making grape juice out of free grapes and having to call roto-rooter to clean the drains. Hmmm maybe it runs in the family. Love Mom and Dad

reagan. andrea. said...

Wow the paint sure looks good! Real warm and cozy! Sorry, bout the stove... The bagels sure look tasty too!

Jewels said...

Winter is going to be bright at your place. So if we get tired of the fog here in Grandson we'll know where to go but we'll be sure to bring some munchies with since the stove isn't working anymore...

CabinFever said...

Let me guess, Liquid Gold was the color of the paint, right? Elena once shattered their glass cooktop when a canned good fell out of an upper cabinet. One of our friends got a free black lab that they were thrilled with - within a week, the free dog required an expensive surgery as it had swallowed a ball. Hmmm, those 5 course meals are probably out for a while until you're up and running again, eh?