Tuesday, November 17, 2009
To vacinate or not to vacinate?
Ok, I am in a bit of a quandry here. Do I get the kids vacinated aginst the H1N1 virus or not? So far I have decided not to, but I change my mind about 30 times a day whether I am doing the right thing or not. Am I being an irresponsible parent by not doing it? There are so many good arguements for both sides. Alinya is 9 months old now and she is still getting mom's special antibodies so do I need to worry? Who has vacinated and who hasn't and what are your reasons behind it? I NEED to know. My pediatrician, who is definately not an alarmist, has left it up to us. Not much help there...but what it does tell me is that he does not think it is absolutely necessary. My mom is pretty sure she has the virus and has been fairly miserable for several days now. Can I be sure my kids won't get it if I vacinate or is there still a chance they could get it anyway?