Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nina starts back to playschool

outside of her building

checking out passing cars, holding the obligatory pair of slippers for in the classroom

her cheesy fake grin

a little concerned about the situation...
Alinya started back to school today too.  She has been talking about it all summer so was very happy to go!  Then we got there and she had a different teacher than we were expecting and she got very clingy.  I was thinking there might be tears or refusal to stay but I said a brief goodbye, slipped out and then was gone. When I came back at 12, she was happy to see me but had also had a great time. I will be taking twin girls with us on the same day that are from our same town and will start kindergarden with Alinya next year.  Her mom and I will trade off carting kids to school.  Otherwise things around here are good, we are back in the sleep rhythm as of last night when I finally took drastic measures and knocked myself out with some help from the medicine cabinet and slept past 2am for the first time in days.  Right thru till 5:30! Ahhh.  Dylan had a soccer game last night so we were home kind of late.  It is cooler here, feeling more like fall than summer.  No frost on the pumpkin yet but it is feeling chilly in the morning. 

A year from now I will be accompanying child number 4 to kindergarden and that will mean 4 free mornings for me....what a strange thought.  I might have to take up knitting or something! 

1 comment:

Ellie C. said...

Alinya looks so grown up! can't believe she's in school already. Love to you all! -Ellie